- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, NOV 26th @3:30pm — no late registrations accepted!
- TRYOUTS: Monday, DEC 2nd – DEC 6th from 3:30-4:30 pm — specific grade level days to be announced.
- GRADE CHECK: All athletes chosen for each team will undergo an academic/work habits/citizenship check based on their grades the day of tryouts.
- ALTERNATE PLAYERS: new players will be moved up to the teams to replace any ineligible students once grade checks are complete.
- TEAM PRACTICES: DEC 9th -19th
- SECOND SEMESTER: begins Monday, JAN 6th
- BASKETBALL GAMES: begin as early as Wed, JAN 8th /regular season ends FEB 28th — specific schedules to be posted after FIYA League coaches roundtable meetings.
Beverly Vista Middle School is pleased to offer our students the opportunity to play in competitive team sports. Our overall goal is to enhance and student’s sense of sportsmanship, commitment to a team and overall connection to the school. To that end, we will participate in a sports league, FIYA League (Foundation for Interscholastic Youth Athletics), that requires that all students who want to play will have the opportunity to do so, regardless of skill or experience level. There will be opportunities for all students to explore different sports and will provide a basis to help build a foundation for the high school sports programs as well.
Sports for the 2019-20 school year are:
Fall: Girls Volleyball, Boys Flag Football, Boys & Girls Cross Country
Winter: Boys & Girls Basketball
Spring: Boys Volleyball, Boys & Girls Soccer, Boys & Girls Track and Field
In order to participate in the sports programs, students must meet the following criteria:
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA with no F’s and only 1 N with no U’s in citizenship.
- Be willing to make a commitment to the team at least for that season. To that end, students will have the opportunity to drop without penalty within the first two weeks of the season, or at the coach’s discretion. Any student-athlete who drops the team after that time may not be allowed to participate in athletics the following season.
- The expectation for all student-athletes is that you are representing our school community. Student-athletes are expected to follow all school rules and present themselves as leaders and examples of good behavior and sportsmanship whether on campus or in the community.
All students who are interested in the BVMS Athletics after school program, MUST register using the athleticclearance.com forms to officially be a part of BVMS Athletics.