8th Grade Corner
For all payments for our Big Bear trip, please make checks payable to "BV PTA". If you have not already signed up for the trip and are interested, please sign up by Thursday 2/20/20. A paperwork packet will be given out once the deposit has been received.
For any questions, please contact Rachel LeGrand at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel LeGrand and Rich Waters
- Wednesday Jan 22, 8:00am-9:15am (A-H last names)
- Wednesday Jan 29, 8:00am-9:15am (I-O last names)
- Wednesday Feb 5, 8:00am-8:45am (P-Z last names)
- February 12
- March 11
- April 8 and
- May 13.
- Gown Rentals: measure the kids, place order, distribute and collect after Graduation
- Yearbooks: class photo, recognition ads, distribution
- Fundraising Events: organize a fundraising event. Examples: car wash, parents social, sell food at movie night, clothing store or restaurant event (percentage of sales goes to 8th grade), food truck sales after school, student store
- Toppings Frozen Yogurt and Pizza Sales: Sell Toppings Frozen yogurt on Tuesdays and sell Pizza on Wednesdays after school. Look out for the Sign-up genius coming soon.
- We are also asking all of the families if anyone has a business or business contact that we can use for any of our events, such as, catering, DJ, flowers, photographer, photo booth. We welcome all recommendations.
There will be lots of events taking place throughout the year. To name a few…
- BHHS Counselor’s and Administration Orientation/Transition Assembly for our students and parents TBD
- BHHS school tour TBD
- BVMS 2019-2020 Yearbook signing and Graduation breakfast TBD
- Wednesday June 3, 2020 at 4pm Graduation Ceremony at BVMS field
- Wednesday June 3, 2020 at 7pm-11pm Graduation party at Candela La Brea
- Fun Grad day - TBD (*additional cost)
To make all this happen, we are requesting a donation of $395 from each family to help pay for all of the wonderful events and items for our kids to enjoy! We are hoping for 100% participation.
$395 Graduation fee - what it includes:
- BHHS Transition meetings and information packets, including the 9th grade social event next year at the Beverly Gardens
- BVMS 2019-2020 Yearbook
- BHHS Sweatshirt and swag bag
- Class photo
- Graduation gown for the ceremony
- Breakfast and yearbook signing at BVMS
- Graduation Ceremony at the BVMS field
- Graduation Party, immediately following the ceremony. Transportation to the party included
- Download of graduation ceremony and video montage
Please see payment form below. Please pay by check or credit card. Installment options are available.
We look forward to working with you and making this an absolutely great year for our kids!
Your BVMS Class of 2020 Graduation Committee,
Rose Kaiserman (8th Grade VP) & Lori Fienberg (8th Grade Chair), Gimol Bentes, Jennifer Rodier, Celina Serrano, Mojgan Mashal, Dorothy Weiss, Misty Johnson
- Only send in pictures from K-8th grade from any BHUSD school.
- Only send in pictures from school related events like field trips, fun runs, Halloween at school, class parties, school carnivals and fairs, holiday shows, performances, and other school events. Please do not send in pictures from birthday parties, bat/bar mitzvahs, vacations, pictures taken at home or any picture not taken at school or a school trip.
- Please try to send pictures of groups of 2 or more. This is so we can try to include as many kids as possible. Ideally, we would like every child represented.
- Please send all pictures to email@example.com
and please label them by indicating what grade they are from and by identifying the kids in the pictures if you can.
- Please submit all photos by April 1, 2020.