8th Grade Corner - Welcome!
Greetings BVMS Class of 2021 Families! We’re honored to be your 8th Grade Transition co-Chairs and to introduce you to the 8th Grade Graduation Committee.
It’s hard to believe that our 8th graders will soon be completing their time at Beverly Vista Middle School and moving on to high school! We are all looking forward to watching our children receive their diplomas on June 9, 2021 and celebrating this important milestone with family and friends.
Although this year is unique and the traditional way that we celebrate may be uncertain, we still want this to be an exciting time for everyone! We are committed to working together with the administration team to create a graduation experience that honors the achievement of our students while maintaining the safety of our community.
To celebrate this milestone in our students’ lives, the 8th Grade Graduation Committee is now in the process of organizing special activities connected to graduation. All events, with the exception of the graduation ceremony, are funded and supported entirely through the efforts of the 8th Grade Graduation committee and 8th grade parents’ donations.
8th Grade Graduation Committee will support the following:
- Gowns: measure kids, distribute and collect after Graduation
- Yearbooks: distribution & signing
- Fundraising Events: organize fundraising events
- Examples: spirit wear, food sales, car wash, talent show, restaurant nights
- Graduation Luncheon
- Graduation Party immediately following the ceremony if possible (venue, food/drink, entertainment, decor)
- Video Montage of Class of 2021
- BHHS Transition meetings, open house, info packets & 9th grade social
- BHHS Swag Bag (examples: BHHS sweatshirt, pajama pants, portable charger)
- Photographer & Videographer (for ceremony & party, diploma picture & video)
- Teacher Gift & Class Gift to BVMS
- Fun Grad Day
To cover the cost of all these activities and keep costs down (so that we have 100% participation), we will ask families for a suggested donation (to be determined).
We are also asking all families if anyone has a business or business contacts that we can use for donations for any of our events. We welcome all recommendations.
With your help, commitment and positive energy, our 8th graders and families will have a fantastic year!
Please reach out to us with any ideas or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and look out for our updates in the BVMS newsletter Bulldog Blast every Sunday at 6pm, on our Instagram page @bvmsbulldogs, Facebook page and 8th Grade Corner.
Your BVMS Class of 2021 Graduation Committee,
Elizabeth Nejad, Marnie Prisand, Nathan Kruger, Jackie Kruger, Laura Abramov, Jena Frankel, Romi Azevedo, Danielle Lieber, Christina Romani, Michelle Sarraf, Kelli Schatz & Lorraine Eastman
8th Grade Honor Roll - Fall Semester