Family Wellness Corner
Through dynamic interviews and engaging discussions with BHHS students, staff, alumni, wellness experts, and celebrities, this program brings to light the most relevant topics in today’s teen & high school life.
All 10 episodes are open for students and families with topics that cover all aspects of teen culture, social experiences, mental health, and well-being. Each episode will air on the 3rd Wednesday of the month and will feature different themes and guest speakers.
Click HERE to watch the podcasts.
- ZOOM - Download Zoom, Download Zoom App
- Group FaceTime
- Top FREE Video Conferencing Software
- Google Duo - Face to Face with up to 8 people
- Google Hangouts Meet - Quick Start Guide
- Virtual Museums - Travel & Leisure - from London, NYC, Washington DC, Paris, Seoul, Berlin, Amsterdam, LA, Florence, São Paulo, and Mexico City.
- Metropolitan Opera - “Nightly Met Opera Streams,” a FREE series of encore Live in HD presentations, Fast Company 3/16/20
- Google Arts & Culture has partnered with over 2500 museums and galleries around the world, including Amsterdam’s Van Gogh Museum, London’s National Gallery, and the Whitney Museum of American Art. The featured collections vary depending on the museum, but most include online exhibits, a “street view” that lets you explore inside the institution itself, as well as galleries of the artwork, where you can deep dive into paintings such as Vermeer’s The Milkmaid (at the Rijksmuseum) or da Vinci’s Adoration of the Magi (at Florence’s recently closed Uffizi Gallery). If you’re not sure where to start, Google curated a handy shortlist of their top 10 virtual museums.
- Library of Congress - Parents! Smart Fun for Kids
- Stay connected to others around the world by taking an empathetic view into the lives and stories of immigrants around the globe. (some content may be mature, so please supervise your kiddos on this one!)
- BroadwayHD - Stream your favorite Broadway Hits for a 7 day FREE Trial!
- Jackbox Party Games
- Resources for Families and Educators Facing Coronavirus Uncertainty - Common Sense Media 3/13/20
- Creative Family Ideas to Get Us Through Covid-19 Social Distancing - Blog by Steph Moore
- How to get your art & design fix from your couch - Fast Company 3/11/20
- Free Drawing Classes from Famous Illustrators - Fast Company 3/18/20
- Resources for Families While at Home - Fun With Kids in LA
- Stay connected to your community by checking out Beverly Hills Teen Resources.
- City of Beverly Hills Kindness Task Force - Spread Kindness to our Beverly Hills Community of seniors and most vulnerable. Click here for Task Force Application.
- Social Cause - find a social cause to learn more about together and support remotely. Or cultivate compassion by encouraging them to reach out via phone or text to potentially isolated elderly family members.
- Check out our counseling resources for other ways to keep your brain working over the summer.
- California Department of Education - Resources that Support Distant Learning
- ZOOM Resources For Online Learning
- Resources for Educators During the Coronavirus Pandemic - Common Sense Media 3/19/20
- Free Subscriptions from Educational Companies & Services
- GATE Enrichment
- Discover The Universe
- Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- California State Parks, Access to California State Parks for your students is just a CLICK away
- Stay connected with your academics by learning to type online for free!
- Stay connected to the environment by hearing from National Geographic explorers, there are new live daily broadcasts at 11:00am PST.
- Talking To Teens & Tweens About Coronavirus - New York Times 3/10/20
- Talking To Children About COVID-19: A Parent Resource - National Association of School Psychologists
- How to Prepare for Extended School Closings - Upworthy 3/12/20
- Resources for Families During the Coronavirus Pandemic - Common Sense Media 3/18/20