Students in grades 3-8 will be participating in CAASPP testing from May 6 to May 17, 2019. All 3rd to 8th grade students will be assessed in English and Math. Students in grades 5 & 8 will take a science test as well.
English testing will take place in homeroom class on Monday and Tuesday, May 6 & 7. Math testing will be on May 13 & 14, again in homeroom. Science tests will be taken in elementary homeroom and middle school science class on Thursday and Friday, May 9 & 10.
As we prepare for CAASPP testing, remember to remain positive.
- Make sure your child gets a good night's sleep.
- Get up early to avoid rushing. Be sure to have your child at school on time.
- Have your child eat a good breakfast but not a heavy one. Research shows that students
do better if they have breakfast before they take tests.
- Be positive about the test.
- Acknowledge that tests can be hard and that they’re designed so that no one will know all of the answers.
- Explain that doing your best is what counts. The important thing is to make your child comfortable and confident about the test.
Make sure your child is prepared--students will need a pencil and headphones.
If you have any questions, contact Mr. Bugbee or Mr. Regan.