Attendance and Tardies
Attendance Office Information
The Attendance Office is run by Susie Wallach and is open from 7:30 am to 4:00 pm during school.
Parents/Guardians - To report your student absent, please email email@example.com or call (310) 229-3665 and selection option 1.
- If the absence is not cleared within 10 days, it will be considered unexcused and will not be able to be changed in the system.
- If you arrive late please go to the Attendance Office.
- Attendance is taken each period.
- If you arrive late to school for a valid medical appointment, you must come to the attendance office with a note from the medical professional’s office and you will be marked excused and sent to class.
- Attend school daily and on time.
- Remain after school up to 30 minutes when directed by a school official to complete disciplinary or other requirements (parent will be notified).
- Be accounted for at all times during the school day, for safety reasons.
- Abide by district policies related to school attendance.
For a student to be considered on time to class, students must be in the classroom when the bell rings. The tardy policy applies to every period.
5 tardies = lunchtime detention and the parent contacted by an administrator.
10 tardies = after-school detention and the parent contacted by an administrator.
15 tardies = loss of privilege (removal from sports, dances, clubs, trips? etc for the remainder of the quarter).
20 tardies = loss of privilege for the remainder of the semester and parent conference
25 tardies = loss of privilege for the remainder of the year and parent conference
Tardy sweeps will occur randomly. Students caught in a tardy sweep will receive immediate after-school detention and their parents/guardians will be contacted by a site administrator or designee.